Monday, June 22, 2009

Re Use for Old Spice Bottle Set


I have this spice bottle set on my counter and for the life of me, I don't know why. It won't fit in my cupboard, so maybe that is why it is on the counter. Well, it is time it went away and this great craft idea is just the ticket. I found this on the Better Homes and Gardens site under Crafts for Kids, but I think the bottles could be used for any small craft item such as ribbon remnants, beads, buttons, shells, etc. Just be sure your spice bottles do not have holes in the top, otherwise if sand is put in, sand will come out.

I'm watching my 11 year old nephew in July so I think he will just love this for his treasures.


What to do with sand, rocks, ocean water, and ticket stubs? Here's a clever solution kids will love.
From the magazine, Creative Kids

What You Need:
Spice rack and jars
Computer/printer
Colored paper
Cloud-shape scrapbooking punch
Spray Adhesive

Instructions:
1. Fill spice jars and create cute labels that tell what's what.
2. Use your computer to print words onto colored paper, punch out the words with a cloud-shape scrapbooking punch; affix the labels to the spice jars with spray adhesive.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment