Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Eye Glass Case DIY


I did say that my postings would be Fallish didn't I. Well this one could be or it could be a gift for the holidays. The colors of these are definately fall looking so I think I'm still in the ball park. Design Sponge has the tutorial for this great hand stitched eye glass case compliments of Kata Golda who also has a book out titled Kata Golda’s hand-stitched felt: 25 whimsical sewing projects. Who doesn't need another eye glass case for those readers or sunglasses that you throw around in your car, I know I am always misplacing mine. Check out the Design Sponge tutorial HERE. Now I'm off to find some felt.

Also, be sure to check out Kata's blog for some great ideas.


Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking for supplies, Kata Golda offers 2 DIY project kits for the glasses case project: a bird design and a botanical design like the one shown above.

    The kit comes in a muslin drawstring bag and includes the hand-dyed wool felt and the thread -- but not the pattern (that's where the book comes in).

    http://www.katagolda.com/index.php?page=diy-kits#pagetop

    I also offer a bag of hand-dyed wool felt scraps, if felt is all you need:

    http://www.katagolda.com/index.php?page=diy-felt-scraps


    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete