Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer Sewing Project

This is such a cute top and just in time for our hot weather. I remember wearing tops like this in the 70's....yes, I believe that is dating me. Oh well, they were cool and comfortable which is just what you want when it is hot outside. I grew up in Oklahoma and the Summers would get to 100 degrees for days and 90's was the standard. Now living in Washington State if it gets to 80 we think it is hot. I guess it is all relative, but I couldn't live with that kind of heat every day anymore.


Try sewing this simple top with this free pattern from Sew, Mama, Sew to keep comfortable for the rest of Summer. If I ever get my sewing machine back from my mother, then I might just start sewing again. This top would be really cute with gathers vs. the pleats also.

Stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment